Poster Presentation Guidelines
March 5, 2021
March 19, 2021
- Posters for the Poster Competition must be digitally uploaded into portal. All other posters may be uploaded by April 2.
- The presenting author must be registered for the conference.
About the Virtual Poster Hall
One benefit of having a Virtual Poster Hall is that not only will attendees be encouraged to visit the Poster Hall at designated times they will be able to enter the Poster Hall at any time during or after the conference. You will not be physically present, but you can supplement your poster PDF with:
- a mp4 video file (5-minute limit) or a voice over PowerPoint slide
- a printable handout.
In addition, attendees will be able to contact you via email or find you in the conference platform.
Poster Design Tips
A poster is intended to provide a visually compelling and totally understandable presentation of your results.
- Your poster should be self-explanatory, and the viewer should be able to follow the progression easily.
- Try to keep it as simple as possible.
- Captions and labels should be brief and easily understood.
- The simple use of color can add emphasis effectively.
- Use a type for the body copy that is at least 1/4″ high.
- Use Bold Type for heads and subheads that is at least 3/4″ high.
- Include text and figure legends but keep them short.
- Charts, drawings, and illustrations should be similar to those you would use in making slides (large enough to read).
- Include a QR Code
- The presentation title, the author(s) and institution affiliation(s) should be placed at the top of the poster.
Try a new design format by first reviewing this video
- The video is a bit long, here are time markers.
- Files in the OSF repository are in the public domain with a creative commons license, so they’re all free to use without credit!
- Download templates here https://osf.io/6ua4k/
- or a PDF version here Better Poster Template
- Faculty Poster (Faculty expected to present)
- Student/Trainee Poster (Student/Trainee expected to present)
- President’s Poster Award (Resident/Fellow expected to present)
- To be considered, presenters must nominate themselves for either the Best Research Poster or for the Presidents Osteopathic Tenets Research Poster Award, complete this survey by March 5, 2021.
- Three – four top peer-selected posters will be pre-selected and presenters will be notified- date to be announced.
- Final judging will take place on date to be announced when a panel of judges listen to the finalist’s presentation and ask questions. Only one person is suggested to present the poster.
- Ranking of the winners and their presentations will be highlighted throughout the conference.
Upload Your Poster to the Portal
The person who submitted the abstract is the only person who can upload into the portal.
- Instructions for abstract creator to upload:
- Log into the Abstract Portal using your AACOM login account (takes you to the ePoster upload tab)
- Click on the title of the abstract
- Click upload
- Browse your files and find your document
- Click done