The abstract submission period for Educating Leaders 2021, AACOM’s Virtual Conference, is now open! Present with us and have your work recognized during the nation’s premier osteopathic medical education event, to be held April 20 to 22, 2021. Current medical students and trainees are also encouraged to submit abstracts for Educating Leaders 2021! AACOM offers two abstract templates: Research and Novel Approach. Learn more about the two types of submissions in the guide below. Deadline to submit abstracts is November 6, 2020
Submit Your Abstracts for Educating Leaders 2021
5 Distinct Audience Tracks
- Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
- Health Policy
- Student / Trainee Financing and Debt
- Lessons Learned
- Impacts on OME, the Workforce, and the Health Care System
- Changes in Teaching Technologies
- Emergency Preparedness
- Interprofessional Education and Practice
- Addressing Social Determinants of Health
- Approaches to Addressing the Opioid Epidemic
- Partnering with Communities
- Supporting Student or Trainee Mental Health and Personal Counseling/Advising
- Designing / Implementing Faculty Wellness Programming
- Student or Trainee Run Initiatives
- Relationship between Curricular Delivery, Assessment and Wellness
- Academic Support from UME to GME
- Teaching and Assessing OMM/OPP
- Teaching and Assessing Core Competencies or EPAs
- Assessing and Reporting Professionalism
- Using Technology in OME and OMM
- Designing / Implementing Healthy Learning Environments
- Interventions to Improve Empathy
- Transforming Clinical Education
- Course and Clinical Rotation Development and Design
- Career Mentoring and Advising
- Enhancing Leadership and Professionalism
- Supporting Grant Writing and Management
- Advancing Research and Data Skills
- COCA and GME Accreditation Updates
- Clinical Learning Environment Review
- Osteopathic Recognition
- Graduate Level Osteopathic Training
- Selection Science
The Call for Abstracts Is Now Open!
The abstract submission period for Educating Leaders 2021, AACOM’s Virtual Conference, is now open. Present with us and have your work recognized during the nation’s premier osteopathic medical education event scheduled for April 20 -22, 2021. View the submission guidelines below.
Abstract Submission Guide
Novel Approach abstracts describe a change to a current way of doing things that results in better outcomes, or a novel approach to a challenge faced in osteopathic medical education (including both undergraduate and graduate medical education settings).
Submit a Novel Approach abstract if you have:
- Developed a novel osteopathic medical education program,
- Identified or overcome obstacles in the training of future osteopathic physicians, or
- Gained meaningful insight into learners’ progress along the continuum of osteopathic medical education.
Research abstracts should summarize your research or your program evaluation, and contain the criteria listed in this guide.
Submit a Research abstract if you have:
- Conducted innovative research valuable to the osteopathic medical community,
- Researched or evaluated educational practices with results that can be applied to a college of osteopathic medicine or postgraduate training program, or
- Undertaken scholarly work aligned with the conference themes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are the tracks and topics printable?
What is required for the abstract submission?
Please review the abstract submissions guides above for the specific requirements.
When I copy my text from Word and paste into the abstract portal, lots of unwanted text appear. What can I do?
When copy/pasting from Word, Word includes a lot of extra code and formatting code in the copy process. To resolve, paste as plain text Ctrl+Shift+V
Do you have a question?
Please contact the Educating Leaders 2021 team with any questions